We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Galician octopus or feira It is one of the best known traditional Galician dishes. If you want to surprise the children in their daily menu, Guiainfantil.com brings you the recipe, step by step, of this delicacy.
It is not a very complicated dish, but it does it can be difficult to find the perfect octopus cooking point, since if we remove it too soon it will be hard, and if we leave it longer than normal it will be soft.
- One whole octopus weighing two kilograms
- 1 kg of potatoes
- Hot paprika
- Virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
In any case, if you follow the recipe carefully and test the state of the octopus meat during cooking, it will surely look great on you.
1. If we have bought the fresh octopus, we must freeze it overnight so that the meat is more tender.
2. We take the octopus out of the freezer the day before that we go to cook it and put it in the fridge. It is advisable to put it in a saucepan since in the defrosting process it will release a lot of liquid.
3. Once defrosted and washed with water, we proceed to cook it. We fill a pot with water and let it boil, when it starts to boil, submerge the octopus for a minute and also remove it for a minute. We repeat this operation 4 or 5 times. Finally we let it cook for 40 or 50 minutes. We recommend poking it from time to time to check if it is tender.
4. When it is sufficiently done, we remove it and cut it into small pieces.
5. It's time for the potatoes. We can cook them peeled and cut into slices in the same water where the octopus has been cooked. When done, remove and drain.
6. To serve, cover the bottom of the plate with the potato slices and top with the pieces of octopus. Don't forget to add a handful of coarse salt, sprinkle with paprika and a dash of olive oil.
Tips: If we want an ideal presentation, it is recommended to serve on a wooden plate.
You can read more articles similar to Octopus a feira or Galician style. Recipe for kids, in the category of Seafood and molluscs on site.